N&P Gold Account users keep current online
More than four out of five new customers who opened an award-winning Gold current account with Norwich and Peterborough Building Society (N&P) run their finances online, new research by the society has found.
And the majority of these Internet-savvy operators heard about the account's benefits - such as a debit card with no fees for overseas use - online as well. In addition, almost one in four of the new Gold current account customers opened the account online.
Ewan Edwards, head of current accounts at N&P, said: "We're really interested to see how people's attitudes to managing their money are changing.
"Here at N&P we know our branches and great face-to-face service are important to customers but we are seeing more and more activity online as people use the convenience of Internet banking to take control of their shopping and paying the bills at a time that suits them best.
"This research will help us to continue to tailor our service to best meet customers' needs, however they choose to use their Gold current account." Ewan is offering the following advice for making the most of Internet banking:
1. Bank when it suits you. You don't need to rely on your branch to be open to access your account. Check your balance, move money and make payments at any time of the day, 365 days of the year.
2. Avoid charges. Use Internet banking to view your available balance and see any Direct Debits or standing orders that are due to come out of your account, to make sure you have enough money to cover them.
3. Spot fraud early. Viewing your statements regularly online will help you spot any suspicious transactions that you don't recognise, rather than waiting for your monthly paper statements.
4. It's secure. We use advanced security systems to help protect your money online and we promise that you won't lose any money if you are a victim of fraud
5. Manage your bill payments. You can easily make your payments at any time of the day or night, no matter where you may be in the world, to help you pay your credit card or utility bills on time.
6. Cut the clutter. By choosing paperless statements you cut down on your filing as well as doing your bit for the planet. Statements dating from May 2011 are stored online and you can also view up to the last 6 years' transactions.
New customers who open an N&P Gold current account before the end of this month can enter a competition to win a laptop to make managing their money online even more convenient.
For more details of the competition, visit nandp.co.uk.