Miller Homes throws a lifeline to Staffordshire’s first time buyers
Miller Homes has thrown a lifeline to househunters at its Stone development, The Willows. Here, the introduction of FirstBuy is making homeownership more affordable and therefore more achievable for a greater number of would-be buyers.
Situated in Filleybrooks, Stone, The Willows combines a rural setting and tree-lined landscape with a wide choice of three and five-bedroom homes, making it a popular choice with Staffordshire buyers who want to put down roots in a sought-after village location.
Prices currently start from just £169,950 for the stylish three-bedroom Hawthorne design which comes complete with detached garage – or from just £135,950 for eligible purchasers who take advantage of FirstBuy.
The government-backed FirstBuy scheme gives eligible buyers the opportunity to purchase 100 per cent of their new home at The Willows while only playing up to 80 per cent of the value now, thus reducing the mortgage amount needed to purchase a property. Both Miller Homes and the Government equally fund the remaining 20 per cent through an equity loan.
Ann Crick, sales director for Miller Homes’ West Midlands region, said: “FirstBuy has given a much-needed boost to Staffordshire’s first time buyers who would otherwise have been seriously restricted by issues of affordability. The tried-and-tested assistance scheme has been a proven success across the West Midlands and we are therefore delighted to be able to announce a new funding allocation here at The Willows, which will hopefully help many more purchasers onto the property ladder.”
Miller Homes’ portfolio of three-bedroom properties at The Willows has struck a chord with today’s househunters. The Hawthorne housetype is no exception, with its well-planned kitchen and impressive lounge/ dining area filled with light from French doors to the back garden. Upstairs, there are three bedrooms and a contemporary family bathroom, with the master bedroom having ensuite facilities.
The three-bedroom Brunel townhouse is also among the homes currently available at The Willows. The property is currently priced from £199,950 – or from just £159,960 with FirstBuy.
The Brunel is a spacious and flexible home with living accommodation across three levels and a garage. Homeowners can adapt the space in the Brunel to suit their own requirements, with the room on the ground floor easily adapted as a study, gym or playroom. A downstairs cloakroom and handy utility room are also located on the ground floor, ideal for organising household chores.
On the first floor, there is a lounge/ dining room and a fitted kitchen. Three bedrooms and a family bathroom are located on the second floor, with the master bedroom benefitting from ensuite facilities.
Homebuyers at The Willows can also choose from the three-bedroom detached Orwell housetype, priced at £205,950, and there is an exclusive collection of highly impressive five-bedroom detached family homes priced from £299,950.
The Willows’ convenient location is ideal for those wanting the calm and beauty of a rural setting whilst being close to Stone’s local amenities. The town centre is a short walk away and the development is just 15 minutes’ drive from Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent.
Visit millerhomes.co.uk for more information.