Discover Vedic Meditation in the Himalayas
Ananda in the Himalayas is to welcome Jillian Lavender and Michael Miller, co-directors of the London Meditation Center to this year’s series of Visiting Masters, where they will be hosting a very special Vedic Meditation retreat from 20 - 27 April 2010.
Jillian and Michael will be teaching the natural, effortless technique of Vedic Meditation - the oldest and most researched practice of meditation in the world. Over a few days, participants will learn how to calm the mind and body to achieve profound levels of rest allowing deep-rooted stress and fatigue to be dissolved.
“Much of India’s ancient Vedic wisdom can be traced back to the areas surrounding Ananda in the Himalayas. To return to these foothills and to be able to pass on this knowledge in such a beautiful setting is a great honour for us. It will be a profound and transformative experience for everyone who attends” say Jillian and Michael.
Vedic Meditation is easy, pleasurable and delivers benefits immediately. Following the practice, one will feel refreshed mentally and physically - the mind is calmer and more alert, thinking is clearer and energy levels increase. Very quickly tension and anxiety levels decrease, health improves and the aging process slows down. Meditators find they can achieve more with less effort and that work, recreation and relationships are more rewarding.
Jillian and Michael are independent teachers of Vedic Meditation and co-directors of both the London Meditation Centre and New York Meditation Center working with individuals to maximise performance and achieve success in all areas of their personal and professional life. Their clients come from a vast range of backgrounds and include business and medical professionals, teachers, performing artists, parents and children. Jillian and Michael are based in London and also offer courses and retreats throughout Europe and the United States.
The seven day Vedic Meditation retreat includes:
• learning the oldest and most researched technique of meditation in the world
• experiencing levels of rest many times deeper than sleep
• purifying ones nervous system of deep rooted stress and fatigue
• training in an ancient breathing technique to integrate the mind and body
• being nurtured with Ayurvedic treatments to cleanse and relax
• practising gentle yoga asanas to bring greater balance and strength
• taking time to relax by Ananda’s outdoor pool and enjoy the breathtaking nature of the Sal forests at the doorstep of the Himalayan mountains
• experiencing the essence of the Vedic philosophy on the banks of the holy river Ganges
• being nourished by exquisitely prepared Ananda cuisine incorporating the Ayurvedic principles of balanced tastes and fresh ingredients
• enjoying the superior service and luxury of Ananda in the Himalayas, one of the world's most exclusive private destination spas in the beautiful grounds of what was once the residence of the Maharaja of Tehri-Garhwal
The seven night Vedic Meditation Retreat at Ananda in the Himalayas costs from £2,100 per person. Price is based on two people sharing a Deluxe Palace View room on full board basis, airport transfers, all excursions and spa therapies as listed in the programme. Bookings will close on 15 March 2010.
For further information on Ananda in the Himalayas, visit: anandaspa.com