Trossachs hotels offer new staycation package
The Lake of Menteith Hotel in Perthshire has teamed up with the renowned Roman Camp Hotel in Callander and Tom Lewis’ Monachyle Mhor in Balquhidder to launch a new five night Trossachs Staycation package.
With recent disruptions to flights in and out of the UK, many travellers are re-considering their summer holiday plans with a view to staying at home in order to avoid any further difficulties or delays with air travel.
Whichever participating hotel guests choose to stay at, The Trossachs Staycation package includes the option of sampling the restaurant at the other two “Dine Around” partners, as well as enjoying some carefully selected attractions and “adventures”.
The Trossachs Staycation package includes:
• 5 nights’ accommodation at your hotel of choice
• Full Scottish breakfast each day
• Dinner each night, of which one may be taken at each of the “Dine Around” restaurants subject to advance reservation
• Selection of two visitor tickets from the list of Trossachs Attraction Partners
• Selection of two activities from the list of Trossachs Adventure Partners
• Welcome pack on arrival
• All taxes at the prevailing rate
Prices for the Trossachs Staycation package, staying at The Lake of Menteith Hotel, start at £450 per person per 5 night stay in a Standard Room, whilst Lake View rooms are available for £600 per person.
Ian Fleming, owner of The Lake of Menteith Hotel said; “The recession and the pressure on the pound made UK holidays very popular during 2009 and for many, it was a pleasant reminder of how enjoyable a break on home soil can be. The trend is continuing into 2010 and with all the recent air travel problems, even more travellers are looking at their holiday options to see if they can avoid the hassles of flying abroad. We are based in one of the UK’s most scenic and tranquil locations and with so much on offer, anyone who chooses our Staycation package will enjoy the best that the Trossachs has to offer.”
The Trossachs Staycation Package is available until 30 September 2010 and is subject to availability of hotel accommodation. Advance reservations only. Some activities have limited availability during high season but itineraries will be confirmed before travel.
For further information or to book, visit: lake-hotel.com
Staycation Attraction List
Choose two of the following attractions:
• Stirling Castle – One of Scotland’s greatest days out
• Inchmahome Island – 13th Century Augustinian Monastery situated in the middle of the Lake
• Doune Castle – 14th Century Courtyard Castle with an 100ft high Gate-house
• Wallace Monument – Learn the story of William Wallace
• Falkirk Wheel – The centrepiece of the Millennium canal. An amazing piece of Scottish engineering
• Glengoyne Distillery – Take a guided tour and enjoy a wee dram
• Loch Katrine Boat Trip – Immortalised in poetry by Sir Walter Scott
• Stirling Old Jail – Meet Jock Rankine the hangman and executioner
• Scottish Wool Centre – Watch the shepherds work their Sheepdogs
• Afternoon Tea - at any of the three “Dine Around “properties – Tea, Scones, Cream and Jam. Delicious
Staycation Adventure Activities
Choose two of the following activities:
• Go Ape - The UK’s longest zip-line and tree-top walk
• River Teith/Forth Fishing – excellent fishing with 700 Salmon and over 400 Sea Trout caught last year
• Lake of Menteith Fishing – 700 acre Lake stocked with Rainbow and Brown Trout
• Golf (Aberfoyle/Callander/ Drymen) – Three of the Trossachs most picturesque and challenging courses
• Blair Drummond Safari Park – Meet the Meerkats, Rhinos and Lions at Scotland largest Safari Park
• Castle Rednock Riding School – Horse riding and Pony trekking for all abilities
• Lunch - at any of the three “ Dine Around “properties