9 Wildlife Worldwide properties score gold at Safari Awards
Wildlife Worldwide’s claim to be the best and greenest wildlife holiday company in the UK was reinforced earlier this month at the 2011 Safari Awards, staged in Durban, South Africa, when no fewer than nine safari properties or organisations featured in the company’s brochure claimed first prize.
For example the winner of both the Best New Safari Camp and Best Ecological Safari Property in Africa was the Explorers’ Camp at Gorongosa in Mozambique.
The luxurious, unfenced, tented camp opened in 2009 and is situated in the heart of the Gorongosa National Park in an area known for great lion activity and excellent birding. The camp caters for just 12 guests in five eco-tents and one tree house.
Four nights are spent at the camp on Wildlife Worldwide’s 10-day Safari and Beach tailor-made itinerary with daytime and evening safari activities. Four nights are also spent on the coast, to enjoy a range of beach and sea activities.
The holiday, which can be taken between April and October, costs from £3725 pp (two sharing). This includes flights, all transportation, activities as detailed on itinerary and expert guides. For more information, visit: wildlifeworldwide.com
The other winners featured by Wildlife Worldwide are:
• Rekero Camp, Kenya – Best Safari Guiding Team in Africa
• Robin Pope Safaris, Zambia – Best Personal Contribution to Safari Tourism
• Chongwe River House, Zambia – Best Safari House in Africa
• Gibbs Farm, Tanzania – Best Safari Hotel in Africa
• Beho Beho, Tanzania – Best Safari Property in East Africa
• Chiawa, Zambia – Best Safari Property in Southern Africa
• Nomad Tanzania Mobile Safaris – Best Mobile Safari Operator in Africa
• Africat Foundation, Namibia – Best Wildlife Organisation
Many other safari camps/organisations – too many to mention – that are also featured in the Wildlife Worldwide programme also came second, third or were highly commended. See the entire list of winners here.