Holiday packing tips for mature travellers
Over fifties travel review website Silver Travel Advisor has come up with its definitive holiday packing list for the mature holidaymaker this summer.
1. Flight compression socks –great for wrapping around bottles of duty free in the luggage.
2. Haemorrhoid cream – to conceal late night bags from under the eyes.
3. A passport – in case you’re ID checked in the local clubs.
4. A compass – to find your way home again.
5. A local phrase book – wedge a few pages under wobbly bar tables to avoid spilt drinks.
6. Wet wipes – great for cleaning red wine stains off the hotel bedroom carpet.
7. Slippers – if you look eccentric you can make all kinds of unreasonable demands.
8. Reading glasses – To replace the ones you lost on your head.
9. Walking stick – ideal for jumping airport queues or attracting the bar staff’s attention.
10. Sunglasses –even the over fifties need to sleep sometimes
Silver Travel Advisor’s MD, Debbie Marshall, said “Today’s mature traveller is far more likely to pack a Rough Guide and a pack of malaria pills than the stereotypical comfortable shoes and cardigans that they were once associated with.
We came up with our mature travellers’ packing list to make the point that older travellers are travelling further than any generation before them, they are active, they want to have fun and it’s clear from the numerous holiday and travel reviews posted at silvertraveladvisor.com that we are now seeing a new generation of `golden gap year’ travellers who are making the most of their time to explore the world.”