Couple end their year long search for first home
A couple who’s year long search for their dream home ended when they visited Taylor Wimpey North West’s popular Watermill Gardens development in Bromborough, are celebrating after finally getting onto the property ladder.
First time buyers, Marc Bevan (27) and Sarah Pritchard (29), were the first customers to reserve a property at Watermill Gardens back in June, and have just moved into their new home.
Marc said: “It’s great to finally get on the property ladder, especially as we’d been searching for our dream home for such a long time. When we came across Watermill Gardens we knew it was where we wanted to live. The house we chose is perfect for us; its modern, flexible layout was exactly what we were looking for and the space on offer represents great value for money. What’s more, the development is fantastically located right by the A41, half-way between Liverpool and Chester.”
Marc and Sarah bought their two bedroom Kintbury home using the house builder’s Easystart shared equity scheme. Under the scheme, the first time buyers paid just a 5% deposit and purchased their new Taylor Wimpey home for just 85% of the sale price. Taylor Wimpey then loaned the remaining 15%, with no rent or interest for them to pay for up to 10 years.
Marc added: “Part of the reason our house hunt took so long was simply because we had to save and save for a deposit. We’re very fortunate that Taylor Wimpey offers a scheme like Easystart to help first time buyers, without it we may have been well into our 30’s by the time we could afford our dream home. Taylor Wimpey’s sales advisor Carol and site manager Gary were also incredibly helpful. They talked us through how the scheme worked, gave us all the information we needed and were both personable and attentive.
“I can’t speak highly enough of Taylor Wimpey and I’d absolutely recommend them to all house buyers.”
Stephen Grant, regional sales manager for Taylor Wimpey North West, said: “It’s great that our residents are beginning to move into their new homes here at Watermill Gardens, and we’re delighted that Marc and Sarah have been able to buy through our shared equity scheme. Making the first move onto the property ladder is tough, but this scheme can give you a helping hand, making home ownership more accessible. So if you’re tired of living with your parents or being stuck in the rental rut, why not come and visit the team at Watermill Gardens and see whether we can help you buy your first home.”
Watermill Gardens is a development of 86 homes, including two bedroom apartments and two, three and four bedroom homes. Prices start at £97,950 (or from as little as £78,360 through FirstBuy*, the latest shared equity scheme on offer at Watermill Gardens).
For further information, visit taylorwimpey.co.uk.
*Subject to affordability and circumstances on selected plots only. Terms and conditions apply and full details will be provided on request. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage