Discover the magic of theatre in 2009
SeatChoice.com's hottest tickets
Thriller! – Live, based on the music of Michael Jackson and Hit Me, based on the music of Ian Dury have both entered the top 20 most sought after shows this week. The Riverdance farewell tour is also doing well and Turandot is the top opera at the moment. War Horse, which has been a sell out at the National, is now to transfer to the New London theatre at the end of March.
Big shoes for Norton to fill
There’s great anticipation as Graham Norton takes over the role of Albin/Zaza in musical comedy La Cage Aux Folles at the PlayHouse Theatre on the 19th of January. Douglas Hodge received critical acclaim for his performance so Mr Norton is bound to be somewhat nervous about his West End debut.
Public ready for ‘more’ Oliver
The long awaited Oliver! Starring Nancy Prenger and Rowan Atkinson opens at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane on the 14th of January. We’ve already seen good demand for seats and we fully expect that to continue.
SeatChoice.com’s price watch
Highest price ticket this week is £100 for Tina Turner at the Birmingham NEC and the best discount available at the moment is £29.50 per ticket for some performances of Buddy at the Duchess Theatre. Cheapest ticket currently available for a West End show is £12.50 for Thriller! - Live at the Lyric Theatre. However, there are many other great deals available for some top West End shows so now is the time to book.
SeatChoice.com’s most popular tickets over the last 21 days
• Dirty Dancing - The Classic Story on Stage at Aldwych (West End)
• Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at Regent Theatre (Stoke-on-Trent)
• Oliver! at Theatre Royal Drury Lane (West End)
• The Lion King at Lyceum (West End)
• Jersey Boys at Prince Edward (West End)
• Hairspray at Shaftesbury (West End)
• Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination at Cardiff International Arena (CIA) (Cardiff)
• Tim Minchin at Roundhouse (West End)
• Twelfth Night at Wyndham's (West End)
• August: Osage County at Lyttelton (National Theatre) (West End)
For more information, log on to Seatchoice.com.