RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Miller Homes opens the doors to first time buyers at Northcote

2nd April 2012 Print

Almost three quarters of recent sales at Miller Homes’ Northcote development have been to first time buyers taking advantage of FirstBuy; and according to the housebuilder, this statistic demonstrates the success of the assistance scheme and the popularity of the Erdington development with Birmingham buyers looking to get on the property ladder.

From 10 to 5pm on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April, buyers who are new to the market are invited to visit Northcote on George Road to find out more about the government-backed FirstBuy initiative. Quickly and confidentially, buyers can talk to the experts to see if they qualify for the tried-and-tested scheme, which has been designed to make homeownership more affordable by reducing the mortgage amount needed to buy a new property.

There will also be free and confidential advice and support on offer from an Independent Financial Advisor, giving would-be buyers the opportunity to find out there and then how they can make the numbers add-up in their quest to own a home of their own.

Ann Crick, Sales Director at Miller Homes West Midlands, said: “Many young professionals are stuck in the rental trap and think that owning a home is out of their reach. However, the recent run of sales at Northcote shows that FirstBuy really is effective when it comes to helping buyers onto the property ladder.

“Northcote clearly is a big hit with Birmingham’s first time buyers and we are hosting an open weekend over Easter to give other would-be purchasers the chance to find out more about the development. With low deposits, competitive prices and a choice of stylish homes available to move into now, we are challenging those who are renting to drop in and speak to our sales advisors and independent experts – it could be cheaper to buy than rent.”

Situated on George Road, just a five mile commute from Birmingham city centre, Northcote is a well-established development where prospective purchasers can currently choose from a range of two, three and four bedroom homes.

Prices at Northcote currently start from just £157,950 for the two-bedroom Aston – or from as little as £126,360 for those who qualify for FirstBuy. What’s more, those struggling to save a deposit will only need a lump sum of £6,318 to secure the home.

With a number of plots ready for to move into straight away, visitors to Northcote weekend can walk around completed properties and see for themselves the layout and specification of the homes available. Selected plots also come complete with carpets and turfed gardens.

The Aston has been designed with serious attention to detail. On the ground floor, an open plan lounge/ ground floor is flooded with light from elegant French doors. A fitted kitchen and convenient downstairs cloakroom are also located on this floor. Upstairs, an L-shaped master bedroom with chic en-suite offers a comfortable retreat. There is a second bedroom, a family bathroom and an additional room that could be used as a study or dressing room, which adds style and versatility to the property.

The government-backed FirstBuy scheme allows eligible buyers to purchase 100 per cent of the home while only playing up to 80 per cent of the value now, with both Miller Homes and the Government equally funding the remaining 20 per cent through an equity loan.

For more information on Northcote, visit