RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Younger first time buyers afford new homes in Dunstable

11th May 2012 Print
The Edge

Bloor Homes highlights; while the average age for first time buyers across the UK is now 37, according to website, 95% of buyers of apartments at its new homes development ‘Living @ The Edge’ in Dunstable are First Time Buyers and the majority are under 30!

Thanks to Bloor’s commitment to offering incentives like the FirstBuy initiative, First Time Buyers have more ways of being helped onto the property ladder. This government-backed scheme is making it so much easier for first time buyers to move onto the property ladder. An equity loan of up to 20% of the property price will be provided meaning purchasers only need to arrange finance for the remaining 80%, which can be done by arranging a market rate mortgage in addition to the 5% deposit. To qualify purchasers need to have a joint household earning of less than £60,000.

Through FirstBuy, purchasers at ‘Living @ The Edge’ can afford a two bedroom apartment from just £110,360. The superb collection of two bedroom apartments and two and three bedroom houses provides for a varied mixture of households to make up a vibrant community. For purchasers keen to see for themselves the style of properties on offer, there is a brand new two bedroom Darham style show apartment and three bedroom Marham style show home available to view.

All the homes at The Edge are finished to a high standard and provide well-planned living spaces for any lifestyle. The two bedroom Darham style show apartment provides plenty of space to relax and unwind with an open plan living room / kitchen, spacious master bedroom with en-suite, second bedroom and additional bathroom. Prices start from £110,360 through FirstBuy.

The Marham is a fabulous 3 bedroom home, ideal for young couples and families and priced from just £155,960 with FirstBuy. On the ground floor there is a lounge, open plan kitchen/dining room and WC, whilst on the first floor there are three bedrooms, one with en-suite and a family bathroom.

Located close to the historic market town of Dunstable you have everything you need for an active and well-balanced lifestyle. The town centre itself offers an abundance of shops, restaurants and theatre complex, whilst the 188 acres of parkland, gardens, open spaces and pretty scenery of the East Chilterns are all on your doorstep.

For commuting, nearby Luton provides fast rail links to London and Luton Airport is close at hand, whilst there are good transport links to the A5, M1 and A421.

For more information, visit

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

The Edge