RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Price guarantee for first-time buyers at Parc Tyn Y Coed

7th October 2008 Print
Price guarantee for first-time buyers at Parc Tyn Y Coed Barratt is responding to the current economic gloom with a special price guarantee for first-time buyers at its Parc Tyn Y Coed development in Sarn, Bridgend. "In these troubled times it is difficult to predict how far property prices will fall, but Barratt is offering a price guarantee until 2011," reports Adrian Bird, Barratt sales director.

"The offer applies to first-time buyers who take advantage of our Head Start Scheme. If they decide to sell within three years and the original value of their property has fallen, we will refund up to 15 per cent of the difference.

"Under Head Start, first-time buyers secure a mortgage for 85 per cent of the total property price and Barratt finances the remaining 15 per cent for up to 10 years. It's a great incentive for people who want to get a foot on the property ladder," Adrian continued.

"The price guarantee is available on a two-bedroom terraced Washington house, priced from £99,995 but available for £84,995 under Head Start. The offer is open to buyers who complete by 19th December 2008."

The two-bedroom Washington house is the ideal first-time home. It comes with a downstairs cloakroom, large lounge with French doors to the garden and fully fitted kitchen, and there is a parking space outside.

In addition to the Washington, current availability at Parc Tyn Y Coed includes a three-bedroom Palmerstone semi-detached house, priced from £149,995, and a four-bedroom Alderney detached house priced from £249,995.

Parc Tyn Y Coed enjoys a semi-rural location close to the River Ogmore but also near to the M4, which offers easy commuter links to Port Talbot, Cardiff and Newport. It is just a short drive to the Glamorgan Heritage Coast and seaside towns like Porthcawl.

The development nestles on the outskirts of the thriving town of Bridgend, where amenities include a train station, schools and a leisure centre with swimming pool. The town is also home to the Bridgend Designer Outlet Village, where over 80 top name stores offer significant discounts on typical retail prices.

For further information on current availability at Parc Tyn Y Coed, log on to

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Price guarantee for first-time buyers at Parc Tyn Y Coed