RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Barratt donates flagpole to Bridgend school

18th May 2009 Print
Barratt donates flagpole to Bridgend school The Worshipful The Mayor, Councillor Cleone Westwood and Assembley Member Janice Gregory joined pupils of Brynmenyn Primary School and the Chair of its School Governors, Mr David Jenkins, to celebrate the donation of a flag-pole by Barratt South Wales.

The pole was erected in the school grounds to fly the flag recently awarded to the school by Keep Wales Tidy. Brynmenyn Primary School has achieved the status of an eco-school, having embraced initiatives focusing on recycling and reducing energy wastage.

The donation of the flag pole was celebrated with a fun-filled afternoon. The school choir sang a selection of recycling songs in the playground to kick off the afternoon’s entertainment and stalls selling homemade goodies, many of which had an environmentally-friendly theme, including recycled paper, magnetic picture frames and fridge magnets, were on sale. A fancy-dress competition to promote the importance of recycling was also held, with the children dressing up in costumes made only from recycled items. Three winners were chosen from each year group with the best and most imaginative costumes.

The Mayor, Mrs Janice Gregory and Mr David Jenkins, all gave speeches on the importance of focusing on becoming ecologically friendly and the flag awarded from Keep Wales Tidy was raised at 3pm on the day.

Mr Paul Islwynthomas, head teacher of Brynmenyn Primary School, comments: “We are really pleased to have received eco-status at the school. It is something we have all worked hard to achieve and we are grateful that Barratt South Wales donated the flag-pole so we can fly the flag.”

Brynmenyn Primary School is located approximately five miles from Barratt’s Coed Castell development in Bridgend. A four-bedroom detached showhouse is currently available for viewing; a new three-bedroom, three-storey showhome is to be opened on 25th April. The development is now in its final phase with superb offers for first time buyers or growing families on the three-storey homes.

Adrian Bird, sales director for Barratt South Wales, says: “We were delighted to be involved in the local community near our development. Barratt is committed to the environment and building sustainable homes and so we were very pleased to support Brynmenyn Primary School and to celebrate their success as an eco-friendly school.”

Coed Castell, is situated in the charming town of Bridgend, a county town rich in heritage and history. The site also benefits from being close to the M4 and the McArthur Glen Retail Park is just a short drive away. You could enjoy living in a brand new home between Wales' capital city of Cardiff and the maritime city of Swansea from only £115,995 for a two-bedroom apartment or from £169,995 for a three-bedroom home.

To help families with an existing home to sell, Barratt Homes is currently offering to buy their old home through its popular Part Exchange scheme, which means no chain and no hassle, and saves the cost of estate agents’ fees and the Home Improvement Pack.

Barratt is also offering mortgage protection for up to three years, thanks to free insurance with a new home. Barratt will pay the first year’s premium to insure buyers against being unable to make their mortgage payments through no fault of their own.

Some buyers may wish to take advantage of Barratt’s Head Start scheme, available on selected plots, which allows you to pay just 85 per cent of the purchase price but own 100 per cent of the property. The remaining 15 per cent is an interest-free loan that doesn’t have to be repaid for ten years or until the property is sold.

Prices for homes currently available at Coed Castell are from £115,995 for a two-bedroom apartment, £119,995 for a two-bedroom coach house with garage and from £169,995 for a three-bedroom mid-terraced house. The sales centre and showhomes at Coed Castell, Brackla, Bridgend, CF31 2DJ, is open Thursday to Monday 11am to 6pm.

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Barratt donates flagpole to Bridgend school