RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Two lovers captured at Heathrow’s T5

18th March 2009 Print
On March 16, for the first time ever, British Airways opened up its private cinema in the Terminal 5 lounge at Heathrow for a preview screening of Gwyneth Paltrow's latest film Two Lovers.

Prior to its nationwide release on March 27, a select audience from the film and travel world walked down the red (white and blue) carpet at T5 for the screening of this classic romantic drama. The film was also aired exclusively for British Airways customers that day.

The film brings to life the richness of New York, which ties in with British Airways' social media site - Metrotwin.com. The website offers the best of London and New York with recommendations from experts, locals and the online community.

Deborah Owens, British Airways Lounges Manager said: "Our T5 lounge is like a private members' club - we offer British Airways premium customers the best in comfort, style and luxury. We're always looking at innovative ways to use the lounges to maximise their potential and today's screening is the first of many more specials to come."

Based in Brooklyn, Two Lovers is a classic romantic drama with Joaquin Phoenix giving a raw and vulnerable performance as Leonard, a charismatic but troubled young man who moves back into his childhood home following a recent heartbreak, when he meets two women in quick succession: Michelle (Gwyneth Paltrow), a mysterious and beautiful neighbour, and Sandra, the lovely and caring daughter of a businessman. Torn between both women, Leonard is forced to make an impossible decision - between the impetuousness of desire and the comfort of love - or risk falling back into the darkness that nearly killed him.

Spending much of her time between London and New York, Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed some of her favourite spots in either city - many of which are listed on Metrotwin.com:

Gwyneth's New York

Babbo (110 Waverly Place) babbonyc.com
A beautiful room and the food is unbelievable. It's hard to get a table but you can always go to the bar for an incredible plate of pasta and a glass of wine. One of the city's best.

Balthazar (80 Spring Street) balthazarny.com
Balthazar is one of the classic downtown spots. It looks like a real Parisian brasserie and has the raw bar to match. I love this place.

Aquagrill (210 Spring Street) aquagrill.com
Super fresh fish, incredible raw bar - great wine list. One of my regular spots.

The Bowery Hotel (335 Bowery) theboweryhotel.com
The Bowery has been one of my homes-away-from-home in the last year. It is a very cool spot with the people to match… my English rock star friends can't get enough of it.

Gwyneth's London

La Petite Maison (53-54 Brooks Mews) lpmlondon.co.uk
I'm going to pull the trigger and declare this restaurant is my absolute favorite in London at the moment.

Chisou (4 Princes Street) chisou.co.uk
This is a gem that hasn't been included in many guidebooks. The Japanese food is impeccable, very traditional and delicious. The spinach salad with spicy shrimp is so good that I usually order two.

The Grenadier (18 Wilton Row)
My favourite pub in London. It is tucked away in a cobblestone mews, and it has great beer and a fireplace.

The Berkley (Wilton Row) the-berkeley.co.uk
The Berkeley is my favourite proper grown up hotel in London. It is done beautifully and has brilliant services. There is a pool on the roof that opens on sunny days. Right in the centre of London (and on my old street), this is perfect for the discerning business traveller.

For more recommendations on London or New York, visit metrotwin.com.