RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Lakeside Country Park hosts first-time buyer weekend

29th March 2011 Print

Leicestershire first-time buyers are being invited to a special event this weekend by Miller Homes East Midlands. Hosted at the home builder’s popular Lakeside Country Park development, the event will offer visitors the opportunity to meet with an independent financial advisor for free, no-obligation advice.

On Saturday and Sunday, Miller Homes will be introducing first-time buyers to the HomeBuy Direct (HBD) scheme, which allows those eligible to purchase 100 per cent of a new property, whist paying just 70 per cent of the value up front. The remaining 30 per cent is equally funded by Miller Homes and the Government, becoming repayable after 25 years or when the customer sells their home, whichever comes first.

Paul Walters, senior sales manager at Miller Homes East Midlands commented: “Many young people believe they can’t afford to buy their own home, but there are options available to assist them. The HBD scheme presents a fantastic chance for first-time buyers to buy a brand-new quality property, but people need to move quickly to make the most of the opportunity.

“We’ve organised this weekend’s event to introduce first-time buyers to the HBD scheme and prove how easily they can get on the property ladder.”

A number of properties are available under the HomeBuy Direct scheme at Lakeside Country Park, including two-bedroom apartments, which are usually priced at £99,950, but available via HBD from just £69,965.

Paul continued: “Young people are often put off buying their own home because of the large deposits needed, but through HBD a stylish apartment at Lakeside Country Park would be available with a five per cent deposit of just £3,499 required.”

Lakeside Country Park offers two to five bedroom homes in a range of popular styles and is located in the leafy suburb of Hamilton, just three miles from Leicester city centre. With excellent transport links to other East Midlands cities, Lakeside Country Park combines green spaces with urban living in modern, quality homes.

For more details about Lakeside Country Park and ways in which Miller Homes can get you moving in Leicestershire, visit: