RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

'Time to leave the nest' says Persimmon Homes

25th July 2011 Print
One of the stunning properties available to first time buyers at Lark Rise

Getting a foot on the property ladder can be hard these days, so it’s no wonder children are taking longer and longer to fly the nest. Yet inflation means families are really feeling the pinch, with recent research revealing that parents are being forced to increase the rent they charge their offspring.

New research by,uk has found that 24 per cent of parents with grown up children still living at home have had to put up the rent they charge to reflect the increased cost of living.

Through the Government-led HomeBuy Direct scheme, however, available on selected plots at Persimmon Homes’ Lark Rise development in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft, youngsters can become homeowners sooner than they think. Purchasing a property could prove more cost effective than paying their parents rent – as well as giving both parties the space they need.

Jon Gibbs, sales director for Persimmon Anglia, states: “Persimmon is the only developer in the area still offering the HomeBuy Direct scheme. It assists first time buyers who earn less than £60,000 to purchase a home, giving them a much needed helping hand into the property market.”

HomeBuy Direct means house-hunters are required to raise 70 per cent of the purchase price with a home buyer’s mortgage. The remaining 30 per cent is made up of an equity loan, co-funded by the Government and Persimmon Homes. Plus, there is no interest to pay on the loan for the first five years.

The scheme is proving popular at Persimmon’s Lark Rise development, which offers a great choice of properties to suit a range of budgets, tastes and requirements. HomeBuy Direct is currently available on selected plots including Plot 23, an Elvedon housetype. The stylish one bedroom end terrace is a perfect starter home, priced at £110,750 or from £77,525 through HomeBuy Direct. There is also a one bedroom second floor Osborne apartment currently being offered through the scheme, which is priced at £99,950 or £69,965 with the scheme.

For those looking for more living space, Plot 24 is a Brundall three bedroom house offering well designed accommodation over three floors. The Brundall is priced at £164,950 and from £115,465 through HomeBuy Direct.

Lark Rise is perfect for first time buyers, offering a lovely community with a public open space on the development where new friendships can begin. A range of shops and local amenities can be found in Carlton Colville, while the town centre of Lowestoft is just a short drive away with plenty of retail and entertainment opportunities.

There are excellent transport links with the main A146 close by, leading to Norwich city centre in just 40 minutes. Lowestoft railway station is on the east coast mainline with trains to Norwich and Ipswich and an intercity connection to London.

To find out more about the homes available at Lark Rise, visit Persimmon online at:

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

One of the stunning properties available to first time buyers at Lark Rise