RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

A helping hand for first time buyers in Uttoxeter

24th August 2011 Print
FirstBuy is currently available on the Jasmine house type

First time buyers looking for a new home in Uttoxeter are being given a helping hand courtesy of the Government and house builder, Peveril Homes.

With the First Buy scheme*, available at Laurel Grove, off Park Street, purchasers are required to raise just 80 per cent of the price of the home, made up from a deposit and mortgage. The remaining 20 per cent is jointly provided by the Government and Peveril Homes as an equity loan, which is interest free for the first five years. To qualify, you have to be a first time buyer and, as a household, earn less than £60,000 a year – it’s as simple as that.

At Laurel Grove, the incentive is available on a number of 3 bedroom properties*. Currently, for example, if purchasers were to buy the Jasmine house type, priced from £149,950, they would have to pay just £119,960**.

Angela Thomas, sales and marketing manager at Peveril Homes, said: “The struggle that many first time buyers have to raise a deposit and secure a mortgage has been well documented. We’re keen to help our purchasers the best we can, so the fact that we can offer the FirstBuy scheme, should ease the burden of buying.

“However, house hunters should note, our availability in Uttoxeter is limited, so I would enquire about the incentive as a matter of priority to avoid disappointment.”

Laurel Grove is a selection of just 24 traditional 3 and 4 bedroom new homes in Uttoxeter, suitable for a host of buyers, and is already proving popular.

But, it’s not just the properties that grab your attention at this development; the location is also second-to-none. Perched on the edge of the town, all local amenities are within walking distance, including independent shops, a supermarket, cinema and even a leisure centre.

For families there’s a selection of schools nearby and for commuters, the A50 is just moments away providing great links to the M6 and M1 for travel further afield.

To find out more about FirstBuy and the new homes in Uttoxeter, visit the sales office and show home, open Fridays to Mondays, 11am to 5pm. Alternatively, log onto

*Available on selected plots only, subject to terms and conditions.

**Price shown is the 80% FirstBuy value. Available on selected plots only, subject to FirstBuy terms and conditions. FirstBuy cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Mortgage application will be subject to status. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT. Prices correct at time of issuing.

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

FirstBuy is currently available on the Jasmine house type