RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Evolution provides equity for home buyers

16th June 2013 Print
Cruden Homes Evolution

Having already provided some of the most competitively priced and affordable new properties in Edinburgh at Evolution, Cruden Homes (East) is also offering Shared Equity at the development to ensure even more house hunters have a reasonable chance of making the Capital their home.

Situated within the Gracemount suburb of Edinburgh, Evolution represents a partnership between Cruden Group and the City of Edinburgh Council.

This award winning and progressive development is unlike anything Cruden Homes has built previously, as the mix of stylish two and three-bedroom houses and contemporary one and two-bedroom apartments have been uniquely designed for this location.

Cruden Homes’ support to buyers at the development is equally innovative, as its Shared Equity scheme is an ownership option geared to help those who do not have a large deposit.

Hazel Davies, sales and marketing manager at Cruden Homes (East), says: “Shared Equity takes the pressure off buyers. Not having to worry about a large deposit helps free up their finances to cover off other priorities as they move home such as buying furniture, legal fees or perhaps saving for their future.”

“Gracemount is an area where many residents who have grown up there are keen to remain. Evolution is contributing to making this possible by ensuring that buyers have a realistic shot at securing a new home and in doing so, continuing to help the area flourish.”

Under Shared Equity, buyers pay for a minimum of 85% of their new home at the time of purchase. The remaining 15% or less is interest free and doesn’t need to be paid back for up to 10 years or if the buyer moves before then. This means that although purchasers don’t have to put down a deposit, they still own 100% of their new home from the outset.

Take the two-bedroom Viceroy, an impressively designed terraced home offering a spacious open plan kitchen with adjoining lounge and dining area. Priced at £154,000 this property is available for just £130,900 under Shared Equity.

Whether buying with the support of Shared Equity or not, every purchaser at Evolution can be assured that their new home benefits from a flawless finish and specification. Buyers have a choice of thoughtfully designed fitted kitchens to choose from, complete with modern stainless steel oven hob and cookerhood, as well as chrome ironmongery fittings and slick bathroom suites.

Externally the development features home zone areas, which have been designed to ensure that buyers enjoy their surroundings by creating a series of foot and cycle paths, play areas for children and green open space for all residents to enjoy.

Gracemount is an established and highly accessible location that has undergone substantial regeneration in recent years. Everyday needs are amply catered for via a choice of local shops and amenities, including Gracemount Leisure Centre. Both primary and secondary schools are within walking distance of the development.

Cameron Toll Shopping Centre and several of the city’s out-of-town retail parks are also close at hand. The city centre is just three miles away and easily reached by good road and public transport links.

Prices at Evolution are currently released from £103,700 with Shared Equity. For further information of the development and to find out more about Shared Equity, visit Alternatively, drop into the showhome, which is open from Thursday to Monday, 11am-5.30pm.

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Cruden Homes Evolution