RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Downsize to paradise at stunning Hillwood View apartments

31st December 2013 Print
Charles Church

A stunning selection of new apartments just five minutes from the heart of one of Europe’s most vibrant cities could prove a paradise for downsizers and professionals, developers say.

Prestigious house builder Charles Church says its select apartments at Hillwood View in Edinburgh offer a perfect opportunity for people looking to free up some cash by scaling down their home while not compromising on quality.

The two and three-bedroom Parkland Apartments – in the esteemed suburb of Corstorphine - combine elegant city living with all the space of a house.

Lorraine Clelland, Sales Director for Charles Church East Scotland, said the apartments were already attracting a huge amount of interest.

“The superb quality of these apartments and their quite-simply unrivalled location has created a real buzz around the city,” said Lorraine.

“The Parkland Apartments take apartment living to the next level – they are spacious with an unprecedented specification including lift access, glass balcony, fully integrated kitchen and all the luxuries you would expect from Charles Church. Some of these properties also boast a separate study.

“Previous apartments in this development have had first time buyers in mind; however, Parkland Apartments are also designed for local downsizers who wish to remain in the area and professionals looking for a property with the space of a house, but without the burden of a garden.”

Prices for the apartments start at £250,000 – which means the cost of a mortgage could be as little as £187,500 using the new Help to Buy scheme.

“With Help to Buy you can pay just 80 per cent of the property price now and the remaining 20 per cent is provided by a government equity loan,” said Lorraine. “It means your monthly mortgage repayments for a bigger house could be lower than they are just now.”

The development also features a diverse range of high-quality detached homes and townhouses, with both a five bedroom detached show home and beautiful 2 bedroom show apartment now open.

For more information, visit

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Charles Church