RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

There's a great opportunity for local people to secure a low-cost home at Kings Copse

1st June 2015 Print
Typical showhome interior

There’s a fantastic opportunity for aspiring home-owners in Gloucestershire to get a foothold on the property ladder, with special discounts now available at Taylor Wimpey’s Kings Copse development near Quedgeley.

The Discount Open Market Value Scheme enables qualifying purchasers to secure selected two-bedroom semi-detached houses at this sought-after development for just 70% of their full market value:

The ‘Douglas’ (Plots 322 and 323): discount price £100,000 (full price £142,857)
The ‘Waverton’ (plots 307, 320 and 321): discount price £105,000 (full price £150,000)

The scheme is available to people who live or work in the Gloucester area, subject to eligibility criteria, and there’s a straightforward, uncomplicated application process.

Customers purchase their new homes at 70% of the market value, with no interest to pay on the remaining 30%, and when they sell their home, they simply pass on the benefit by selling their home at the discounted rate.

Anyone interested in taking advantage of the incentive should contact the Sales Executive at Kings Copse to find out more.

Charlie Joseph, Regional Sales and Marketing Director for Taylor Wimpey, says: “There’s a wealth of opportunities for savvy buyers to snap up their dream home for an affordable price at Kings Copse.

“However, the Discount Open Market Value Scheme is generating huge levels of interest from potential purchasers and there’s a limited number of homes available with this exceptional offer, so anyone hoping to take advantage of the initiative is advised to get in quick, while they still can.”

Both the ‘Waverton’ and ‘Douglas’ feature a large living room opening through French doors to the private rear garden, plus a kitchen and a guest cloakroom off the entrance hallway. Upstairs, the landing leads to two double bedrooms and a main bathroom.

Alternatively, there’s a superb selection of new homes available at Kings Copse, including two-bedroom coach house apartments from £132,500, a choice of three-bedroom houses from £181,000.

Kings Copse is located in Kingsway Village, which lies on the banks of the River Severn and is three miles south of the centre of Gloucester.

The local area features a shopping parade including a Tesco Express, while Quedgeley, two miles away, boasts a wide range of convenience stores and Gloucester city centre has an extensive selection of shops, pubs and restaurants.

Parents will appreciate that there is a choice of primary schools close to the new homes, including Kingsway Primary School, rated ‘good’ by Ofsted, and the newly-opened Waterwells Primary Academy. Secondary schools can also be found nearby.

The development is conveniently positioned just off the A38 and junction 12 of the M5 is only 10 minutes away. Gloucester railway station is five miles from home for direct services to Cardiff and London Paddington.

To find out more about the new homes available under the Discount Open Market Value scheme at Kings Copse, home-hunters can visit the Sales and Information Centre, located off Boulmer Avenue, Kingsway, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 2FX, and open daily from 11am to 5.30pm. Alternatively, visit

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Typical showhome interior