RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

A great opportunity for local people to secure a low-cost home at Kings Copse

28th July 2015 Print
The Waverton house type

There’s a fantastic new opportunity for aspiring home-owners in Gloucestershire to get a foothold on the property ladder, with the Low Cost Homes Scheme now available at Taylor Wimpey’s Kings Copse development in Quedgeley. 

The leading housebuilder’s Low Cost Homes initiative is aimed at helping local purchasers – subject to eligibility – to secure selected plots at Kings Copse for 70% of their open market value, with no interest to pay on the remaining 30%. When they come to move onto a new property, they simply pass on the benefit to the next purchaser by selling their home at the discounted rate.

The scheme enables qualifying purchasers to secure selected two-bedroom semi-detached houses at Kings Copse for just 70% of their full market value:

The ‘Douglas’ (Plots 322 and 323): discount price £100,000*(full price £142,857)

The ‘Waverton’ (plots 307, 320 and 321): discount price £105,000* (full price £150,000)

Anyone interested in taking advantage of the incentive should contact the Sales Executive at Kings Copse to find out more.

Charlie Joseph, Sales and Marketing Director for Taylor Wimpey Bristol, says: “The stunning ‘Douglas’ and ‘Waverton’ homes offer purchasers a brand new high-quality home for a great-value price under the Low Cost Homes initiative.

“This is a fantastic chance for property-seekers to buy a home much sooner than they might have thought possible. However, these homes are in high demand and interest shows no signs of slowing, so I’d urge potential buyers to act quickly to secure their place at this popular development!”

Both the ‘Waverton’ and ‘Douglas’ properties feature a large living room opening through French doors to the private rear garden, plus a kitchen and a guest cloakroom located off the entrance hallway. Upstairs, the landing leads to two double bedrooms and a main bathroom.

Alternatively, there’s a superb selection of new homes available for market prices at Kings Copse, including two-bedroom apartments from £115,000, and a choice of three-bedroom designs from £181,000.

Kings Copse is located in Kingsway Village, which lies on the banks of the River Severn and is three miles south of the centre of Gloucester.

The local area features a shopping parade including a Tesco Express, while Quedgeley, two miles away, boasts a wide range of convenience stores and Gloucester city centre has an extensive selection of shops, pubs and restaurants.

Parents will appreciate that there is a choice of primary schools close to the new homes, including Kingsway Primary School, rated ‘good’ by Ofsted, and the newly-opened Waterwells Primary Academy. Secondary schools can also be found nearby.

The development is conveniently positioned just off the A38 and junction 12 of the M5 is only 10 minutes away. Gloucester railway station is five miles from home for direct services to Cardiff and London Paddington.

To secure one of the stunning properties available under the Low-Cost Homes scheme at Kings Copse, prospective buyers should visit the Sales and Information Centre, located off Boulmer Avenue, Kingsway, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 2FX, and open daily from 11am to 5.30pm. Alternatively, visit

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

The Waverton house type The Douglas house type