RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

A 'kickstart' for home buyers in the Cotswolds

18th November 2010 Print

Buyers searching for the perfect family home on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds need look no further than Orchard Leaze in Stroud.

The Barratt development offers an exciting selection of two bedroom apartments and three and four bedroom houses. But one home in particular is proving highly popular among visitors.

“We offer the eye-catching four bedroom Dumont home at this sought-after development,” said Barratt sales director, Andrea Pilgrim. “And it is well within reach for those seeking to take their first step into the property market because we offer a special scheme to help.”

Those seeking new homes but feel unable to buy because of financial constraints can turn to Kickstart to boost them into their first home.

“It can be tricky to find the finances required to secure your first home,” said Andrea. “So we are pleased to be able to help.”

Kickstart is part of a government-backed scheme, called HomeBuy Direct. And, as its name suggests, it is designed to boost the local housing market.

“It gives buyers the opportunity to move into a home here at Orchard Leaze for only 70 per cent of the price, with the remaining 30 per cent covered by a loan from Barratt and the Government’s Homes and Communities Agency. Because a smaller mortgage is required, monthly repayments should be more affordable.”

Priced from £242,000, the four bedroom Dumont is a four bedroom family house. 

There is a spacious lounge with French doors to the rear garden, a fitted kitchen/breakfast room and utility area. 

Upstairs are the four bedrooms and a family bathroom together with ensuite facilities to the master bedroom.

“This home is ideal for families because it offers bags of room to grow into,” said Andrea. “And, thanks to Kickstart, the Dumont is well within the reach of many who could only dream of owning a home like this before.”

Orchard Leaze is situated in the charming town of Stroud, surrounded by the stunning countryside and hills of the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Noted for its quaint, steep streets and cafe culture, it provides the perfect setting for buyers looking to combine an idyllic rural place to live with a close proximity to all local amenities

For details of current availability visit the sales office, open from 11am to 6pm daily.