RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Deals are ripe for the picking at Orchard Leaze

18th November 2010 Print

Brand new homes are well within the reach of first time buyers when they visit Orchard Leaze in Stroud – thanks to two special schemes from Barratt.

Those seeking new homes but feel unable to buy because of financial constraints can to turn to Barratt’s Parent Power or Kickstart to boost them on to the property ladder.

“Owning your own home is something many people aspire to – but it is tricky for some to finance that first step,” said sales director, Andrea Pilgrim. “We are delighted to be able to help by offering these schemes.”

The ground-breaking Parent Power agreement rewards the growing number of Mums and Dads who put down a deposit on their children’s first home. Of course it can also be used for grandparents, other relatives or friends looking to help. Barratt pays the interest they would have earned on their savings at a highly competitive rate – well above the Bank of England’s base rate.

The offer means that parents who want to help their offspring get on the first rung of the property ladder can do so without losing a penny. Barratt will pay five per cent interest per annum for a full five years on a deposit of up to 20 per cent.

“This means that if someone puts down a maximum deposit of £24,000 on a property costing £120,000, they will receive the equivalent of £1,200 a year in interest for five years,” said Andrea. “And this is paid as a lump sum of £6,000 at the time of completion.”

Another route to a brand new home for first time buyers at Orchard Leaze is Kickstart. “This is part of a government-backed scheme, called HomeBuy Direct,” said Andrea. “As its name suggests, it is designed to boost the local housing market and is available on the Dumont four bedroom home.’’

Kickstart gives buyers the opportunity to move into a Dumont at Orchard Leaze for only 70 per cent of the price, with the remaining 30 per cent covered by a loan from Barratt and the Government’s Homes and Communities Agency. Because a smaller mortgage is required, monthly replacements should be more affordable.”

Orchard Leaze offers an outstanding selection of two bedroom apartments and three and four bedroom houses. It is situated in the charming town of Stroud, surrounded by the stunning countryside and hills of the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Noted for its quaint, steep streets and cafe culture, it provides the perfect setting for buyers looking to combine an idyllic rural place to live with a close proximity to all local amenities

For details of current availability visit the sales office, open from 11am to 6pm daily.