RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

An eco-friendly home for the future in Leeds

17th May 2011 Print
Showhome living room at h2010

Award-winning housebuilder Miller Homes is once again pushing the boundaries of build quality and design at h2010 by providing wonderful homes for your future and the future of our environment.

The flagship development located on the banks of the River Aire embraces ‘The Code for Sustainable Homes’ – a government owned assessment method for new dwellings which, by setting standards for their performance and sustainability aims to reduce the impact of new housing on the environment. Homes on the current phase at h2010 include a minimum 25% improvement on CO2 emissions for the dwellings and a reduction in the consumption of water by the use of low flow sanitary fittings. Furthermore, homes have increased insulation, low energy heating systems and the utilisation of responsibly sourced building products.

“Miller Homes is committed to leading the way in terms of building properties and making superb homes but they also construct homes with consideration for the environment in terms of building and the running of the home,” commented Jan Hanaby area sales manager Miller Homes Yorkshire. “Consumers are become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the environment both now and in the future, and our new homes, which help them fulfil their environmental responsibilities, have been incredibly popular. The added advantage of buying a new home, is that home owners will most probably save on their energy bills – a prime consideration for buyers in the current economic climate.”

h2010 also has the added benefit of ongoing HomeBuy Direct, a government initiative whereby buyers, who qualify under the scheme, purchase 100% of their home by paying up to 70 per cent of the value, with both Miller Homes and the Government funding the remaining 30 per cent. One of the biggest benefits of the scheme is that the equity loan only becomes repayable after 25 years or when the customer sells their homes, whichever occurs the soonest, and there is no interest payable for the first five years.

Miller Zero, located in the South of England has been a flagship development where the carbon emissions for the build and also the residents of the development have been carbon neutral.

To demonstrate its commitment to environmental responsibilities Miller Homes continue to seek out ways in which they deliver.

“As part of our latest marketing campaign, buyers who reserve a home at h2010 before 22nd May 2011, on selected plots, can also benefit from an extra special offer from Miller,” said Jan. “12 months energy bills will be paid which will give home owners a real helping hand.”

And, as an added incentive, fans of Miller Homes on Facebook and Twitter also have multiple chances to win one of a range of five-star prizes, including DVD box-sets and cinema ticket packages during the campaign.

Properties currently available at h2010 range from two bedroom apartments priced from £105,000 to four bedroom, three storey townhouses priced at £200,000.

h2010 is located on Yarn Street, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1NY. The sales centre is open each day from 10.30am – 5.30pm.

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Showhome living room at h2010