RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

FirstBuy available on last two apartments at The Limes

19th February 2013 Print
Show Apartment at The Limes

First time buyers looking to secure a new home should hurry along to The Limes in Ampthill, Bedfordshire where the last two apartments are available through FirstBuy. Offering a perfect opportunity to get a foot on the property ladder, these two bedroom apartments are available from just £167,960 thanks to this government initiative.

Mark Storey of Storey Homes comments: “The Limes has been a great success and we would encourage buyers interested in these last two properties to come along and take a look as soon as possible. Not only are they perfect for first time buyers thanks to the FirstBuy scheme, but they are ideal for downsizers looking for a modern, safe and secure property located in the heart of a market town.”

Mark continues: “I am also delighted to announce that we have recently been given the go ahead to develop 14 four and five bedroom houses at The Limes. Each of these executive family homes will have a garage, off street parking and will be finished to an excellent specification. We anticipate launching these properties in Spring 2014.”

The remaining two apartments at The Limes are perfect for modern living, each with an open plan living, dining and kitchen area that is ideal for entertaining. One of the properties also features two external balconies, where buyers can enjoy dining al fresco.

These properties include well equipped kitchens fitted with high quality units and worktops and complete with a selection of built-in appliances. The luxury bathrooms are furnished with hi-end white suites and chrome fittings and the master bedrooms include ensuite facilities. Both have high quality flooring throughout adding a further touch of sophistication.

Available through FirstBuy, a government scheme designed to help people onto the property ladder, these apartments are available from £167,960. Buyers purchase 80% of the full value of the property, and the remaining 20% is paid by a shared equity loan funded by Storey Homes and the Homes and Communities Agency. Buyers need to find a deposit of only 5% and take out a mortgage for the remainder of the property’s value.

The buyer can then purchase up to 100% of the property in installments after moving in, or proportionally share the remaining equity of the house when it is sold at the current market rate. To be eligible for a FirstBuy loan, the applicant’s household must earn less than £60,000 per year and be unable to finance a property in the area where they currently live or work.

The Limes is situated in a leafy, predominantly residential area, yet is only a few minutes’ walk from the town centre. All homes will have a full 10 year building warranty and will benefit from secured, allocated parking.

Ampthill is a historic market town located between Luton and Bedford. The town boasts several lively pubs, a wide variety of restaurants and a selection of small independent shops. For commuters to London, Flitwick station is just down the road, providing frequent services into London St Pancras in under an hour.

For further information and to view the properties, visit or

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Show Apartment at The Limes