RSS Feed

Related Articles

Related Categories

Sales success at Hopwood Park leaves just four remaining

17th April 2012 Print
Westleigh Homes

A house builder is celebrating success after its most energy efficient homes to date proved a big hit with South Yorkshire’s house buyers.

Just four three-bedroom properties from Westleigh New Homes now remain for sale at Hopwood Park, in Wath-upon-Dearne, an up and coming area currently undergoing major regeneration, after buyers were quick to snap up these highly desirable homes.

Two of the remaining properties on Manvers Way are also available with shared equity, allowing the area’s house hunters to purchase an affordable property on the development from £118,957 using an 85/15 shared equity loan.

Robert Orr, from Leicester-based Westleigh, says: “We’re delighted with the success Hopwood Park has enjoyed and the feedback we’ve received from visitors to the show home who have been impressed with our latest house designs.

“The homes we’ve created here have been designed to accommodate the needs of modern families, who value space, comfort and location. We also recognise that for some, getting that first foot on the property ladder can be tough which is why we have two shared equity properties available.”

He adds, “Energy efficiency is high on our agenda, which is why we’ve pulled out all the stops to create our most efficient homes to date and what better location to own one than an area which is having new life breathed into it through redevelopment.”

Shared equity works by creating a low-cost route into home ownership. At Hopwood Park, buyers will own 85% of their home and can take up to 10 years to pay back the remaining 15%, with no interest to pay for the first five years.

The shared equity homes include The Ashridge, at plot 88, and The Farringdon, at plot 81, both of which are highly specified and energy efficient properties, incorporating high levels on insulation, fuel saving central heating systems and efficient kitchen appliances.

Both properties also feature an en-suite bathroom to the master bedroom, spacious living rooms, sleek kitchens and generous outdoor spaces.

Hopwood Park is conveniently located for J36 of the M1 and within easy reach of local amenities at Wath-upon-Dearne. Prices on the four available properties range from £118,958 using shared equity to £149,950 for a three-bedroom detached home which is available for outright sale.

To find out more or to take a look at the show home, visit from Thursday to Monday, 10.00am to 5.00pm. Alternatively, log onto for further details.

More Photos - Click to Enlarge

Westleigh Homes Westleigh Homes Westleigh Homes