RSS Feed

USA

Eco-friendly homes and building tips

Eco-friendly homes and building tips

Building in eco-friendly products into your home is becoming common and in fact some are becoming law for new buildings. Not only does it save the impact on the planet and the local environment but each household will save money over the long term that will more than pay for the eco changes.

Bestfield Homes joins NewHomesAmerica.com Rebate Program

NewHomesAmerica.com, a new website that offers home buyers a rebate of 1.25% of the price of their new home if they buy from a participating builder, has announced that Bestfield Homes, is participating in its unique Buyer Rebate Program.

Professional property investors do their research first

Before 2008 all you needed to know about buying abroad was – it must be worth a punt. More than that was the kudos of an “overseas property portfolio” – always impressive with friends and colleagues.

Properties close to Disney World offered at 28% of former sales prices

Properties close to Disney World offered at 28% of former sales prices

Torcana have announced the availability of 22 stunning, two bedroom, two bathroom condos at “Tuscana” a magnificent $100m resort located just four miles from Disney World in the famous Champions Gate area of Orlando, Florida.

Majority of properties in Orlando are bought from distressed sellers

Majority of properties in Orlando are bought from distressed sellers

According to the January 2011 sales figures from the Orlando Regional Realtor Association (ORRA) just 25% of all properties sold were from regular sellers. The remaining 75% of properties snapped up, mostly by investors, were via banking controlled foreclosures and short sales.

Miami home sales strengthen in December

The sales of existing single-family homes in the Miami Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) rose 18 percent in December, from 623 to 734, compared to December 2009 and 70 percent compared to December 2008 according to the MIAMI Association of REALTORS and the Southeast Florida Multiple Listing Service (SEFMLS).

Scandinavians splurge on second homes abroad

The Scandinavian dilemma: Buy a small one-room apartment in crowded, wintry Stockholm/Oslo or spend half the amount on a roomy house in sunny Florida?

Home Loan Modification Program - right time to apply?

Home Loan Modification Program - right time to apply?

Bank of America is the largest US Mortgage servicer who took the first step in halting their Bank Of America foreclosures throughout the nation. This BOA foreclosure crisis started in California, Nevada and Arizona and then quickly spread to other states around the nation.

Detroit: City of champions for property investors?

Detroit, Michigan, USA, is tipped to be the latest hot spot for savvy property investors around the world. With President Obama declaring a particular fondness for Detroit and the US Government pumping billions of dollars into the auto industry, Detroit is definitely a city on the up.

Unique investment in Orlando

The Village at Town Center (VTC) is a luxury condominium community in Orlando, Florida with a range of units available for long-term rentals and vacation use – or a combination of both.

Detroit ranks number 1 US housing market in 2010

Detroit ranks number 1 US housing market in 2010

Known as the "Renaissance City" the regeneration of Detroit is unequivocally underway with the latest Housing Predictor forecasts ranking the city number 1 housing market in the US with 21.5% growth forecast for 2010.

Top 10 reasons to invest in Florida

Top 10 reasons to invest in Florida

With billionaire real estate investor Warren Buffett proclaiming recently that "within a year or so, residential housing problems [in the US] should largely be behind us", investor confidence in the US and more specifically the perennially popular Floridian real estate market has returned.

US and Japan to lead pick up in distressed properties

The US and Japan are set to see the biggest rise in distressed sales in the first quarter of 2010, according to latest RICS research.

Enjoy nature in style at Olde Mill

Enjoy nature in style at Olde Mill

Olde Mill is more than just a burgeoning 850-acre residential community in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains near Roanoke, VA and Winston-Salem, NC – it’s a calling to nature and a lifestyle that embraces peaceful living and outdoor recreation. From walking trails and fishing holes, wineries to music festivals, Olde Mill tunes into a relaxing wavelength which soothes the soul.

Opportunities abound for UK buyers in Florida, the Sunshine State

Opportunities abound for UK buyers in Florida, the Sunshine State

“The Florida market is resilient and is already coming back”. That is one conclusion in a new report on the Florida property market from Winkworth International Developments. The Sunshine State is predicted to attract significant attention from overseas buyers in 2010 looking for excellent value for money.